We all have heard warnings and advice that we have relegated to the circular file of “Grandma’s sweet-but-outdated ideas.” Things like:
- An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
- Sleep at least 8 hours a night
- Don’t chew ice. You’ll break your teeth, honey.
The funny thing is, over time, science seems to catch up with Grandma. So now we know that:
- Eating apples and other high fiber foods is very healthy.
- People who think they can get by on 6 hours are usually really good sleepwalkers.
and, according to what my dentist told me this week …
- Because I chew ice, I broke my tooth.
“Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction and do not forsake your mother’s teaching.” (Proverbs 1:8)
God made Christians for: Learning from those who went before us.
What oldie but goodie has turned out to be good advice in your life? Any advice you ignored and regretted?